Sunday, October 21, 2007

#18 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

Let's see, signing up to ZoHo was fairly easy. I entered some details and they sent me a confirmation email. I didn't even have to access the confirmation email to use it either (which, as I'm doing this whilst watching tv on my couch, is quite good as I sent it to work).


Saving documents was easy, as was posting them to Blogger (in fact, it was MUCH easier than from flickr which required me to set up a whole bunch of things). I don't know if that means ZoHo has a better working relationship with Blogger or they're just better hackers.

Features-wise...all the standard modern word processing stuff is there; styles, headings, etc. Personally I like Google Docs better, maybe because of their spreadsheet capabilities.

1 comments:

Arvind says:
at: October 22, 2007 at 12:14 PM said...

Christian : Thanks for using Zoho Writer! Glad that you found it easy & useful.

Zoho Writer is actually a part of a wider suite of web services. We also have spreadsheet, presentation apps and others like Wiki, Planner etc. Click on the 'Switch To' link at the top of your Zoho Writer account to access the other services.

Check out Zoho Start for accessing your documents, spreadsheets & presentations all at one place.

Regards,
Arvind
http://zoho.com